Establishing an Agency Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation is a simple and efficient way to build an income for your nonprofit organization. Our experienced staff can help you develop planned giving programs and assist with investment management and administrative details.
• Your board determines how much you would like to invest long term.
• Your organization works with our professional staff to complete a fund agreement.
• We set up a special fund in the name of your nonprofit organization.
• Your nonprofit organization receives regular statements on the fund.
• You can add to the fund at any time.
• We handle all the administrative details – including investment management and help in specifying grant disbursements – so that your organization puts assets where they’re needed.
• Gifts are placed into your endowment and combined with other endowments in the Foundation’s investment pool. Over time earnings from your fund are distributed to your organization to address your agency’s most pressing needs.
An agency endowment fund is a safe and simple way for your nonprofit organization to establish its own endowment. Your donors can be sure that the endowed fund’s principal will not be spent and can grow over time, providing a source of lasting support. And the Community Foundation’s economies of scale provide your organization with the benefits of a diverse investment portfolio and low investment fees that typically come only with very large funds.
Your organization’s regular donors can leave a bequest through the Community Foundation to create a personal legacy and benefit your organization forever. The Community Foundation can facilitate even the most complex planned gifts or gifts of appreciated stock or real estate. We handle investment management and the administrative responsibilities related to endowment so that your organization’s staff and volunteer hours are concentrated on fulfilling your mission.
The current list of local charites that have an endowment with the Foundation is here and the charities websites are:
Office hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm
104, 430 – 6th Avenue S.E.
Medicine Hat, Alberta T1A 2S8
Phone: (403) 527 9038
Fax: (403) 527 9204
Charitable Registration Number 136030285RR0001