The Community Foundation would like to thank the following partners that have supported the efforts for Medicine Hat Flood Relief 2013 Fund.
Methanex Ensminger, Beck & Thompson ARC Resources CHAT Radio Park Meadows Estates St.Vincent de Paul Society/St. Patricks Church Medicine Hat Volunteerism in Action Assocation Force Outreach Ministries Dream Centre Servus Credit Union The Salvation Army Medicine Hat and District Food Bank Association Holy Family Church Prairie Gleaners Society Stringam Denecky LLP Medicine Man Lodge River Dental Edmonton Community Foundation The Owners Condominium Plan LAFOE Royal Bank of Canada Jean McDougald Elaine Windemann
With support from:
TD Canada Trust Co-op Medicine Hat
Flood Facts as of August 1st 2013
1. Over 30 households are still livings in hotels
2. Over 40 units on the ground floor of the Lutheran and Parkside Manor will be out of their homes for months
3. At least 180 families will require substantial disaster relief assistance from the Province of AB
4. During the peak of the flood 2700 homes were evacuated.
5. 1600-1700 residents received a pre-loaded debit card
6. 450 homes had sewage backup, of these homes, 180 homes will be requiring disaster recovery assistance from the province
The Community Foundation will work with The City of Medicine Hat to determine how the funds will be best disbursed for the mid – long term needs of our citizens. The Foundation will be accepting gifts of financial aid. Anyone who may wish to offer gifts in kind should contact those other community organizations who can accept them.
Your very generous monetary donations can be received at the Community Foundation office or by mail #104,430 6th Avenue SE, Medicine Hat Alberta T1A 2S8 (by cheque made payable to “Community Foundation of Medicine Hat and Southeastern Alberta” or cash), online, see DONATE NOW below, via credit card and at any TD Canada Trust location in Medicine Hat & Brooksor any local Co-op location. All dollars raised will stay in The City of Medicine Hat.