CFSEA Takes Part in a New Healthy Communities Initiative
COVID-19 has seriously impacted our access and use of public spaces which are the glue to our communities. They are a big part of what makes communities safe, vibrant and connected.
The Healthy Communities Initiative is a $31 million investment from the Government of Canada to support communities as they create and adapt public spaces to respond to the new realities of COVID-19. We are proud to be working with CFC and the Government of Canada and other community foundations in Southern Alberta to provide $1,267,320 of funding to support organizations who are showing creativity and resourcefulness in creating solutions that enable people to connect and access public spaces safely while still respecting public health measures.
Organizations can apply from February 9, 2021, at 1:00 PM EST until March 9, 2021, at 5:00 PM PST. A second application period for funding will take place starting in May 2021.
Visit healthycommunitiesinitiative.ca to find out more about how to apply, explore resources for applicants and sign up for community mobilization sessions.
Applicants are encouraged to register for the webinars below:
- Feb 11 – How to Apply to the Healthy Communities Initiative
- Feb 12 – Simple Ways To Create Vibrant Safe Spaces or Adapt Public Places and Programming During a Pandemic
- Feb 16 – Coming Together: Maintaining a Healthy Sense of Community in Indigenous Communities During a Pandemic
- Feb 17 – Mobility 101: Simple Ideas To Improve The Ways We Get Places During a Pandemic
- Feb 18 – Creating safe and lively public spaces to improve mobility options
- Feb 19 – How to Write a Successful Funding Application: Tips for First Time Applicants
- Feb 22 – Digital Solutions 101: Community digital solutions ideas to support people during a pandemic